The Liebster Award…
The Liebster Award is given to small blogs by other bloggers and, what do you know, Adaptable Ed has been nominated by none other than the great Jon Amdall of Amdall Gallery! Amdall Gallery is a pretty cool conglomerate of information and art. If you haven’t checked it out yet, you should. So, a huge shout-out to Jon Amdall! Thanks for the nomination, Jon! It’s an honor!
The Question and Answer Thing…
Apparently, when nominated for a Liebster, you’re supposed to participate in a question and answer portion to introduce yourself a bit. I stole this list from Jon. So here it goes.
- What is your site about? Special Education, Education, and all things related to Special Education and Education…and probably dessert at some point, let’s be honest.
- What motivated you to start the site? Love of my field, and the desire to help others in and around it.
- What is your favorite thing about your site? I like all of it a lot, please go buy my stuff.
- Who are your favorite artists? I know nothing about actual art, but music I know. So musically, my favorite artists are Third Eye Blind, The Avett Brothers, Gavin Degraw, Lots (and lots) of 80’s and 90’s artists, Twenty One Pilots, and then a whole butt-load of random songs by artists that I don’t know much about but really dig one or two of their songs (looking at you, Vance Joy, Boxer Rebellion, Sam Smith, Cage the Elephant, Chance the Rapper…).
- What makes you laugh? My seriously funny husband, my kid (he’s 6 and one of the funniest people I’ve ever known…really) and Winston Bishop on New Girl.
- What’s the best advice you’ve heard (any topic)? What other people think of you is none of your business. That’s pretty brilliant stuff right there.
- Which post are you most proud of? I’m proud of any post I finish because I get busy and distracted and blogging is where I cut corners the most.
- Cats or dogs? Dogs, obviously, I’m not a monster.
- What’s your favorite book? I don’t have just one but I love, love, love to read.
- What is one thing you don’t own that you’d like to one day? Like one, maybe two, billion dollars?
- Do you have a travel bucket list? If so, what are your top five locations? Ireland, Alaska, Italy, Switzerland, and New York.
- What is your biggest accomplishment? I’m not sure but I’m pretty freaking proud of that kid I made and that awesome guy I landed and get to spend life with.
According to the rules/usual practices listed on Jon’s site (you can cheat and click here to read all the rules, etc. because I’m lazy and also Jon likes visitors), I should now nominate other small blogs that I think deserve a Liebster Award. This is super tough for me to do because a) I’m so new to the blog game and b) I really haven’t made many connections or even had the time to really look around and get into other blogs much as of yet. So, since I’m not able to pay it forward this year, I will instead make a commitment to browse other blogs, delve deeper into the blogging community, and follow-up soon with some shout-outs to blogs I find noteworthy (and I know that will be many). Thank you to those (2) of you (including my mom…hi mom) who read this whole thing and double thanks to Jon for seeing something worth celebrating in this very new, very small blog. Now, seriously, please go buy my stuff.
-Jen Schnitz, Owner, Adaptable Ed